Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking back while Looking forward

Earlier I went to mass for the first time after I don’t know how many months. Though I felt really sleepy during the mass, I still listened to the homily of the priest. And I have learned why January is the first month.

The first month was named after Janus (lanarius), a god who has two eyes, one in the front and one at the back. He is a god who can see everything. This may be the reason why January is the first month because as we celebrate New Year we look forward yet we also look back to what had happened in the past.

After I heard this I thought of  my New Year’s resolution. Last year I told myself to be more practical and mature when it comes to decision makings, which I somehow able to follow but still not that successful, and so as this year starts I also told myself the same resolution but to be more than more.

Let us learn from what happened in our past and be a better person in the future:)

To all my readers and friends, thank you! May you all have a fruitful 2012. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment